Samantha's Blueberry Muffins- (Makes 12 muffins)
-Shortening or cooking spray
-1 cup fresh blueberries (we used dried cranberries)
-3 tablespoons shortening
-3 tablespoons sugar
-1 cup milk
-1 3/4 cups flour
-1 tablespoon baking powder
-3/4 teaspoon salt
- Butter and Jam to put on the muffins (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Use shortening or cooking spray to lightly grease each muffin cup
2. Put the blueberries into the strainer and then rinse them under cold running water. Drain them on paper towels.
3. Measure 3 tablespoons of shortening into the large mixing bowl. Gradually beat the sugar into the shortening until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Crack the egg into the bowl. Beat the mixture well.
5.Stir in milk. Mix well.
6. Hold the sifter over the small mixing bowl. Measure the flour, baking powder, and salkt into the sifter. Sift them into the mixing bowl.
7. Gently stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture, just enough to moisten the flour mixture.
8. Carefully stir the blueberries into the mixture.
9. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full
10. Bake the muffins on the middle oven rack for 20 to 25 minutes.
11. Have an adult help you insert a toothpick into one of the muffins. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
12. Have an adult remove the muffin pan from the oven. Let the muffins cool for a few minutes. Then arrange them in a basket or on a plate and serve them with butter and/or jam.
The muffins came out amazing! Here are some pics we took with Samantha!
|The Samantha cooking studio cookbook!|
|"Mmmmmm muffins" Samantha says.|
|THESE LOOK AMAZING!|
|Addy joins the American Girl Victorian Teaparty.|
|BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!|