Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How We Got Into American Girl Dolls (Requested)

Hello!! We had some requests from awesome bloggers to tell a story of how we got into American Girl Dolls. Sorry that it is long!!
So it all started when my cousin came over and she had American Girl Dolls. We looked at the magazine she had and it was the summer 2003 magazine that had Kailey in it. We were looking through all the dolls and Felicity caught Catherine's eye, and she immediatly wanted her. I saw Samantha, and the moment I saw her, I just knew she was the right doll to buy. This of course was when we were very young, we were five or six at the time. The following birthday (2004) my mom brought down big boxes, and when we opened them sure enough they were Felicity and Samantha!! They were more than any of us could ever expect because we had only seen them in the magazine!! Ever since then, we have loved American Girl Dolls, and over the six years we have loved them, and our AG family has grown from 2 to 12! We play with and collect American Girl Dolls! We will always love them! Here is the order in which we got our dolls:
2004-Samantha and Felicity(for our birthday!)
2005-Elizabeth(Julie's doll)
2007-Emily(from the AG place) and Addy(from a garage sale) (both Catherine's dolls)
2008-Kit and Ruthie(for our birthdays)(Ruthie is Catherines and Kit is Julies)
2009-Rebecca(Julie's doll-for her birthday) Julie(Julie's doll)
2010-Kailey and Jessie(from garage sales-Catherine has Kailey and Jessie is Julies) Kaya(from AG Boston Catherine's doll)

If you read up to here, you are awesome!! How did you get into AG?? PLEASE COMMENT!

This is a picture taken last year (before Samantha went to the hospital)

5 comments:

  1. I got into AG when my Grandma gave me a Bitty Baby for my third birthday. I love the really cute picture of all your dolls in their PJ's. You've had such good luck at garage sales! Thanks for doing this post!
    ~Katie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got into AG by finding the current magazine at the time in my library and AG sent me a catalog after I subscribed. :D And as Katie said, you do have grat luck at garage sales, unlike me, LOL.
    Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got into AG when my cousin had a few. I went over to her house in NY and we played school with them. (this was a while ago). They were Samantha and Nellie. That was how I HEARD of them, but getting into them wasn't my decision! My parents bought me Julie in 2007 unexpectedly!!! I never knew I would get an AG doll. The next year I went to AGP and got Felicity. That Christmas, I got me, and i recently got Lanie this Christmas!! LOVE, americangirl:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got into AG because my sister found out about them. I don't know how though. I now have 3 regular sized dolls, 2 bitty twins, a bitty baby, and a mini doll. (I may get Kanani>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your collection. I got into AGs first when my grandma bought me a doll in in middle school. I've since renewed my passion for them and have started collecting them as well as other 18 inch dolls.


    Hot Pink Hook
    Crochet doll accessories
    http://hotpinkhook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete